NC Vasanthakokilam was born as Kamakshi in Irinjalakkuda, the present state of Kerala.
Her voice was melodious with perfect intonation, sruti, emotion, high-pitched and clear pronunciation of words. Her rendering of higher octaves and sruti were remarkably with effortless ease to bring off brigas. She sang plenty of Tamil songs. She was a regular performer at the festivals of the Tamil Isai Sangam in Madras and Nellai Sangeetha Sabha in Thirunelveli.
Here is a set of excellent great old gems of Smt.N.C.Vasanthakokilam.
- Yen Palli Kondeer Iya Composer: Arunachala Kavirayar Raagam: Mohanam, Raagamaalika Thalam: Aadi
- Mahalakshmi-Papanasam Sivan-Sankarabharanam- Mishra Chapu
- Antharangamellam-Suddhananda Bharathi-Vachaspathi- Aadi
- Paamaalai- Papanasam Sivan – Hari Kambhoji -Aadi
- Needhayaradha – Thyagaraja- Vasantha Bhairavi-Rupakam
- Sundari Nannindarilo -Thyagaraja – Begada -Rupakam
- Aanantha Natanam-Suddhananda Bharathi -Kambhoji- Aadi
- Saarasadhala Nayana- Sri Muthuswami Dikshitar – Khamas- Aadi
- Maaye- Sri Muthuswami Dikshitar-Tarangini- Aadi
- Yelaavathaaramu-Thyagaraja- Mukhari-Aadi
- Thanthai Thaai-Ponnaiah Pillai-Shanmukha Priya -Aadi