Hailing from a musically endowed family, I was initiated into music by my parents Sri.N.Kameswaran and Smt. Renganayaki Kameswaran at the age of 7.
Presently, I am a Vainika and Vocalist. Also a Guru and a student of Music for Life. Established Shanmukhapriya School of Music, an institution dedicated to carnatic music and instrumental veena training with the aim of providing a platform for musically inclined minds to nurture their talents . There are a handful of dedicated students learning Vocal Music, Veena Instrumental, and other Sanskrit Slokas that are very much Indian.
Conducting Online Music Classes for many interested enthusiastic students . Apart from concert tours, also conducting workshops and teaching assignments on Carnatic Music . Have released an album for Stress Relief in Raga Bowli which is very well received by music enthusiasts.
With a career extending over two decades, I am more interested in the subject Music Therapy. I strongly believe that a combination of Manthras and the curative power of ragas can bring a Himalayan change in human beings as far as the health aspect is concerned.
My activities are centered around learning music, teaching music, listening music and practicing music. I am also deeply interested in Spiritually Oriented reading materials. I Dedicate all the Blessings in my Life to my Parents, Gurus’ and GOD.
Currently working on a project of incorporating Carnatic Music as a subject in Schools along with other main stream subjects. Main stream schools who wish to incorporate Carnatic Music in their syllabus may please contact at email@example.com
I strongly believe that a positive attitude with consistent hard work and God’s Blessings will give you all the best in your life – be it in your career or family .
Planning to give back whatever I have learned and earned through music to the posterity and upcoming talents and plans to give it back in my own special way. I take great efforts to adhere to the strict classical values imbibed from my gurus.
- Secured First Rank for MA – Music / Vocal- Kerala University
- Composed Bhagavad Gita and sung with Veena background score for Music Therapy session during Ayurvedic Treatments.
- Has composed for the Classical counterpart of the Classical/Cinematic Instrumental Musical Fusion Programmes.
- Has performed concerts in various festivals organised by temples and institutions in Kerala.
- Presented a Paper on Kamakshi Navavaranams at the International Seminar conducted by Veda Samskruthi Nilayam during November 2017 at Hyderabad.
- At present Director of Shanmukhapriya School of Music– Teaching Vocal Music and Veena
Last, but not the least, I would suggest the upcoming talents to concentrate more on listening good music, as 80% of knowledge is acquired through listening. Practice of music should be a ritual and any student who practices 6-8 hours a day continuously for 5 years will not find it difficult to climb the ladder of success. Also I would like to tell the students that EARNING is very much a part of LEARNING , which will bestow both Saraswathi Kataksham and Lakshmi Kataksham.
Workshops are undertaken on the following themes.
- Classic and Rare Adi Tala Varnams and Ata Tala Varnams
- Jathiswarams in different Ragas ( Dance Form of Music)
- Rare Geethams
- Ghanaraga Pancharatnam – Tyagaraja
- Divyanama Krithis of Tyagaraja
- Jayadeva Ashtapadi / Gita Govindam
- Kamakshi Navavaranams of Ooththukkad Venkatakavi (Navarathri Theme)
- Kamalamba Navavaranams of Muthuswami Dikshtar – (Navarathri Theme)
- Navarathri Kritis of Swathi Tirunal- (Navarathri Theme)
- Voice Culture Exercises
- Concept of Manodharma Sangeetham
- Rare Krithis of Tyagaraja, Dikshitar and Syama Sastri, Swathi Tirunal, Annamacharya
- Veena Workshop & More……
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to conduct workshops at your institution