Hailing from a musically endowed family, I was initiated into music by my parents Sri.N.Kameswaran and Smt. Renganayaki Kameswaran at the age of 7. Other than my parents, I had great gurus who had blessed my life and you can read them here in the Gurus’ page.
I am musician and can be best described as an amalgamation of a vainika, vocalist, composer, musicologist and a person keenly interested raaga therapy. I am currently under the tutelage Sri. A. Ananthapadmanabhan who is a renowned vainika of global repute.
I have been imparting musical education through my music school established in 1997, Shanmukhapriya School of Music. There is active sharing of my musical knowledge to wider community via the YouTube channel, Shanmukhapriya Academy of Music. I am an active blogger too and happy to mention that this blog is used as a reference material by many students of music colleges.
Feeling honoured of conducting Vipanchika Mahotsavam viz. Veena fest in Kerala, since 2019, on the occasion of Vasant Panchami / Basant Panchami every year.
Have released an album for Stress Relief in Raga Bowli , as a part of Music Therapy Treatment for Sanjeevanam Ayurveda, based on Bhagavad Gita.
With a career extending over two decades, I am more interested in the subject Music Therapy. I strongly believe that a combination of Manthras and the curative power of ragas can bring a Himalayan change in human beings as far as the health aspect is concerned.
My activities are centered around learning music, teaching music, listening music and practicing music. Also conducting workshops in Carnatic Vocal and Veena on Thematic basis.
Currently working on a project of incorporating Carnatic Music as a subject in Schools along with other main stream subjects. Main stream schools who wish to incorporate Carnatic Music in their syllabus may please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
I take great efforts to adhere to the strict classical values imbibed from my gurus.
- Secured First Rank for MA – Music / Vocal- Kerala University
- Composed Bhagavad Gita and sung with Veena background score for Music Therapy session during Ayurvedic Treatments.
- Has composed for the Classical counterpart of the Classical/Cinematic Instrumental Musical Fusion Programmes.
- Has performed concerts in various festivals organised by temples and institutions in Kerala.
- Presented a Paper on Kamakshi Navavaranams at the International Seminar conducted by Veda Samskruthi Nilayam during November 2017 at Hyderabad.
- At present Director of Shanmukhapriya School of Music– Teaching Vocal Music and Veena
Last, but not the least, I would suggest the upcoming talents to concentrate more on listening good music, as 80% of knowledge is acquired through listening. Practice of music should be a ritual and any student who practices 6-8 hours a day continuously for 5 years will not find it difficult to climb the ladder of success. Also I would like to tell the students that EARNING is very much a part of LEARNING , which will bestow both Saraswathi Kataksham and Lakshmi Kataksham.
Workshops are undertaken on the following themes.
- Classic and Rare Adi Tala Varnams and Ata Tala Varnams
- Jathiswarams in different Ragas ( Dance Form of Music)
- Rare Geethams
- Ghanaraga Pancharatnam – Tyagaraja
- Divyanama Krithis of Tyagaraja
- Jayadeva Ashtapadi / Gita Govindam
- Kamakshi Navavaranams of Ooththukkad Venkatakavi (Navarathri Theme)
- Kamalamba Navavaranams of Muthuswami Dikshtar – (Navarathri Theme)
- Navarathri Kritis of Swathi Tirunal- (Navarathri Theme)
- Voice Culture Exercises
- Concept of Manodharma Sangeetham
- Rare Krithis of Tyagaraja, Dikshitar and Syama Sastri, Swathi Tirunal, Annamacharya
- Veena Workshop & More……
You can contact me at email@example.com to conduct workshops at your institution