I am not an expert in carnatic music, all these reviews reflect only my understanding of a specific raaga based on the Varnams and Krithis that I have learnt. I have also referred ancient granthas like Sangeetha Sampradaya Pradarshini, Sangeetha Ratnakara, Sangeetha Samayasara and various other text books on music, dissertation papers and audios of Lec-dems presented by great vidwans and vidushis in carnatic music to give a wholesome picture of the raga taken up for review. I dedicate this page to my Gurus who have made this possible for me.
Concerts/ Songs are recorded and uploaded without any commercial intentions..or monetary benefit.. mainly for educating new entrants to carnatic and devotional music.. by providing visuals for better appreciation ..and for listening pleasure..
Under section 107 of Copyright Act of 1976 allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism,comment,news reporting,teaching,scholarship and research. Fair use is permitted by copyright statue that otherwise be infringing. Non-profit,education and personal tips the balance in favor of fair use…..
This page has the following sub pages.
- #20-Gowrimanohari- The Raga that Steals your Heart !
- #3-Sindhubhairavi – A blend of Folk and Classical Touch
- #2- Amritavarshini – The Raga of Rain
- #25-Pantuvarali- The Pensively Melodious Raga !
- #7–Charukesi-The Raga Close to the Heart
- #1 – AnandaBhairavi – The Divine Raaga
- #21-Vachaspati-The Raga that Exhilarates the Mind,Body and Soul
- #9 – Shanmukhapriya – The Raga with a Splendiferous Melody
- #22-Mayamalavagowla-The Raga with the Freshness of Morning Dew !
- #6-Ritigowla – The Raga with a Mesmerising Melody
- #10 – Darbari Kanada – The Emperor of Ragas and the Raga of Emperors.
- #23-Sivaranjani-The Raga that gathers Strength from Sadness !
- #8- Mohanam – The Most Pleasing and Enchanting Raga – Truly “Jaganmohanam”
- #5-BrindAvanasAranga-A Most Pleasing and Emotional Raga
- #4- Hamirkalyani – A cool breeze from N.India
- #24-Raga Varali- The essence of Purity and Vairaga (Detachment)
- #11-Purvikalyani – An Aesthetically Melodious, Pleasant and Popular Raga
- #12-Hamsanadam – Call of a Swan
- #13–Bowli-The Meditative Morning Raga
- #14-Naatai-The Raga with an Intoxicating Melody
- #15- Kalyani–The Queen of Ragas – Showering Motherly Touch
- #16-Yamuna Kalyani – An Endlesss Stream of Flowing Melody…
- #17- Hindolam – The Raga with a Hypnotizing Melody..
- #18-Sahana – The Raga that kindles Subtle Emotions portraying Unconditional Surrender
- #19-Arabhi – The Raga with a Pleasing and Haunting Melody