A workshop on Vocology / Voice Culture will be organised in Kochi – Kerala by Shanmukhapriya School of Music.
Being blessed with a “golden, honey-dipped voice” is rare. But even more challenging for musicians is to sustain it as long as one would like to, for reaching out to people with one’s music.
Featuring Fr.Dr.Paul Poovathingal
Director, Chetana National Institute of Vocology, Thrissur
Theme : Vocology – ‘An introduction to voice science and practice’
( Professional tips for right voice production)
Voice Training Workshop will be a one day session on Sunday 23rd Feb 2014
Time : 10.00 AM – 1.00PM
2.00 PM – 4.00 PM
Venue : BHARAT HOTEL (BTH)
Gandhi Square, Durbar Hall Road, Ernakulam, Kochi – 682016
The following aspects will be handled
- What is vocology ?
- What is voice discipline ?
- How to maintain a professional voice ?
- Techniques of scientific voice production
- Concept of vocal stamina
- The art of breathing( pranayama) and singing
- Yoga for voice
- Different methods of easy vocalisation( voice excercises)
- How to maintain good sruti and pitch in singing
Session -2-Interactive Session with Participants
- Techniques to improve Range & Depth of the Voice
- Techniques for effortless singing in all octaves without any strain
- Training to enhance the breathing capacity and right way of breathing
- Knowledge of various Voice Disorders and preventive measures
- Exercise package for daily practice to maintain the voice.
Morning/Evening tea and snacks and Vegetarian Buffet Lunch will be provided in the venue.
The workshop is open to carnatic musicians, professional singers, music students, upcoming artists and professionals in other field of music like Harikatha / Kadhaaprasangam where there will be intense use of voice.
Registrations will be processed on a first come first served basis. Since seats are limited, for assured participation please reserve a space by filling the form in the link below.
For other relevant details please mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here to Register for Voice Culture Workshop