I am not an expert in carnatic music, all these reviews reflect only my understanding of a specific raaga based on the Varnams and Krithis that I have learnt. I have also referred various text books on music, dissertation papers and audios of Lec-dems presented by great vidwans and vidushis in carnatic music to give a wholesum picture of the raga taken up for review. I dedicate this page to my Gurus who have made this possible for me.
Dear Friends – A separate page for each raga in the Carnatica Raga Appreciation Section for faster loading of pages. Kindly post your comments/suggestions etc on the respective pages. ———————————————————————————————–
This page has the following sub pages.
- #20-Gowrimanohari- The Raga that Steals your Heart !
- #3-Sindhubhairavi – A blend of Folk and Classical Touch
- #2- Amritavarshini – The Raga of Rain
- #7–Charukesi-The Raga Close to the Heart
- #1 – AnandaBhairavi – The Divine Raaga
- #21-Vachaspati-The Raga that Exhilarates the Mind,Body and Soul
- #9 – Shanmukhapriya – The Raga with a Splendiferous Melody
- #22-Mayamalavagowla-The Raga with the Freshness of Morning Dew !
- #6-Ritigowla – The Raga with a Mesmerising Melody
- #10 – Darbari Kanada – The Emperor of Ragas and the Raga of Emperors.
- #23-Sivaranjani-The Raga that gathers Strength from Sadness !
- #8- Mohanam – The Most Pleasing and Enchanting Raga – Truly “Jaganmohanam”
- #5-BrindAvanasAranga-A Most Pleasing and Emotional Raga
- #4- Hamirkalyani – A cool breeze from N.India
- #11-Purvikalyani – An Aesthetically Melodious, Pleasant and Popular Raga
- #12-Hamsanadam – Call of a Swan
- #13–Bowli-The Meditative Morning Raga
- #14-Naatai-The Raga with an Intoxicating Melody
- #15- Kalyani–The Queen of Ragas – Showering Motherly Touch
- #16-Yamuna Kalyani – An Endlesss Stream of Flowing Melody…
- #17- Hindolam – The Raga with a Hypnotizing Melody..
- #18-Sahana – The Raga that kindles Subtle Emotions portraying Unconditional Surrender
- #19-Arabhi – The Raga with a Pleasing and Haunting Melody