Therapeutic Evaluation of the Classical Ragas
Singing or engrossed listening of Raga Bhairavi has been found to uproot the diseases of kapha dosha e.g. asthma, chronic cold, cough, tuberculosis, some of the sinus and chest related problems etc. Raga Asavari is effective in eliminating the impurities of blood and related diseases. Raga Malhar pacifies anger, excessive mental excitements and mental instability. Raga Saurat and raga Jaijaivanti have also been found effective in curing mental disorders and calming the mind. Raga Hindola helps sharpening the memory and focussing mental concentration. It has been proved effective in curing liver ailments.
As we live our life one of the things that happens is we pick up a lot of negative energies. We take baths and showers to clean our physical bodies, But what are we doing to cleanse our energy bodies ?
The following exercise is short but very powerful. Do it regularly and you will definitely feel the difference. It may be necessary for you to do this where there are no distractions until your concentration and focus improves.
- Sit comfortably or lie down.(After some practice you can do this while you are showering)
- Close your eyes and take a few deep breaths, inhaling through your nose and exhaling out of your mouth.
- Visualize a golden cloud above your head.
- See golden rain drops coming out of the cloud.
- See these drops and feel them cleansing your Aura. (The area around you, from your physical body out to about three feet.)
- See the golden drops penetrate your skin, in through all parts of your body, all the way down to the cellular level. Knowing that all aspects of you are being cleansed.
- Feel the joy this exercise provides. See this residue wash into the earth, knowing that as you release these negative energies you are also providing nourishment to the earth. See plants and flowers growing and blooming all around you.
- Sit with this experience for awhile. Take a couple breaths to complete